In preparation for the trip I went to see Dana at her new salon and she waxed my eyebrows (they have never before looked so perfect) and gave me a paraffin manicure. I haven't had a manicure in quite a while, but I think I might have to get them more frequently. Here are my picture perfect nails.

Anyway, we drove down Saturday and got to Sherrie's around 1. We hopped on the metro (I heart the DC metro. So nice and clean and easy to use) and went over to the Mall in DC. I don't care if it's touristy, the Mall and all the buildings and monuments are my fav part of DC. I have been there a million times and I never get sick of it. Jeff had never been to DC and I figured this was the best place to start. We saw the Lincoln Memorial. I never realized how large the statue of him is. It's huge. 

The Gettysburg Address was carved into one of the walls inside the memorial. This is my favorite part of that speech. 




We saw the Vietnam Wall. No pics of that. I saw a few people crying. I think that is the saddest and most emotional memorial because it is so personal with all the names. Then we walked to the Washington Monument and the WW II Memorial.

"Feminist" quote that Jeff pointed out to me. I like it.

There are 400 bronze stars here, and each represents approx 100 Americans killed in the war. I googled it. 

Here is the White House.

So we go to the dinner theater and then Sherrie and some other people went out to clubs but that is not our thing so Jeff and I went back and walked around the White House, original Capital (or is it Capitol?) building, the Treasury Building, all that stuff. We got back on the Metro to VA around 12:30 AM. And then I proceeded to get us lost walking back to Sherrie's apt. I had a map. But the road curved and forked. Did I mention that it was super cold and raining/sleeting and by this time after 1AM? So I see a cab and flag it down. And of course we manage to get a cab driver who does not know where he is going! I gave him the address and he asked me for directions! Seriously?! He finally used his GPS and we got back to the apartment. Jeff was a very good sport and did not yell at me for getting us lost and almost giving us hypothermia. The next morning he said it was funny when you think about it because I am a girl and "girls have no sense of direction." It's totally true. I am beyond directionally challenged. I admit it.
This is Simon, Sherrie's cat. He was best friends with Jeff.

The next morning we were so tired we just drove home. My legs still hurt from all that walking.
DID YOU SEE MY COMMENT ON JEFFS BLOG??? I just think I was way more interested in seeing what you wore and how your nails and eyebrows were then seeing al the historic stuff? Do you think I am strange?!? I just think wierd thats all! Welcome to the blogworld HB!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, you write that much each time, I am going to stop reading, you know I don't like reading that much....EP
ReplyDeletePS impressed on your tech skills setting this up.
Your pictures are so teeny. Haha I set my pictures up as large. But as your first blog, it's very impressive. And when we were walking, I was making a silent point that women can't read maps and have no sense of direction. lol
ReplyDelete