Ok. I need some help. For a while now I have been thinking of getting another tattoo. I have two already. One on my back, below my neck and another on my right thigh. The one on my back is a black fancy scroll design and the one on my thigh is a few little green leaves of ivy.
My Aunt Carole, whom I loved dearly, passed away two years ago this summer. I started thinking about getting something in memory of her. And then I decided that I should get something that represents not only my Aunt Carole, but my mom and my Aunt Diane as well. My whole life I have envied, watched, listened and admired the closeness that they share as sisters. So I figured it would be fitting to include all three of them in my tattoo.
The idea that I came up with is to get a chain or bouquet of their three birth flowers: violet, lily of the valley and daffodil. I wanted to get them on the side of my left foot. I went to a tattoo place and the girl told me tattoos on the side of the foot sometimes last only a few months. She said they wear away from the constant friction of your shoes and socks. Which seams weird to me, I mean the ink is under your skin. So I am going to ask some other places as well.
But just in case, I need a back up spot! I chose the side of my foot because some day I hope to work with kids and that is not a completely visible spot, but can be seen if I want it to. So now I'm torn. Right now I have two options I have thought of: 1. Get the tattoo more on the top of my foot, but still over to the side-ish. 2. See if they can do a cover-up of my ivy tattoo on my thigh.
The downside of that option 2 is that I don't know if it can be done and well, I just think the flowers will look cuter on my foot. But the upside is that I don't love the ivy tattoo so turning it into something that I do like would be cool. Plus I could get it bigger on my thigh. On my foot it would be pretty small. But I do love flower tattoos on feet! I love when I get pedicures and my toenails are all pretty so I think having pretty flowers would be even cuter!
So what do you guys think?! About the idea in general and the location? I'm open to suggestions. But I will tell you I have already ruled out these locations: back, boobs, hands, neck, biceps and calves. Please, tell me what you think!!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey heather my friend michelle got a tattoo on the side of her foot and it wore off, she had it redone once, its not that it comes off completely but it fades in a big way, and looks like hell. so my suggestion why not do it higher on the foot closer to your ankle but still going down onto your foot. if thats where you really want it. my cousin also got her babies name on her foot and that seems to be a huge trend right now - bearing your childs name in ink on your foot? not sure why but my cousin seans girlfriend did it too, anyway just know if thats the place for you, you may be up for some retouches in the days to follow, but i do thibk the tats themselves look really nice on the foot, strategically placed, and they look great with sandals!
ReplyDeletealso inside the wrist is always an option...
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the info, Dana! It was very helpfull!!
ReplyDelete